Fourteen hours mind rush

It was the weekend. We had a plan for the outing. Two-word messages in the morning while I was finishing off my routine work to prepare for the trip, brought a devastating storm in my brain.  “Call urgent” hit me so badly that I felt tremors. I was about to contact my parents who were living in their native place. Before that I received a medical report from my father on my WhatsApp sent by mom which showed a life-threatening health scenario. In a state of unimagined stress, my mind was racing. The brain crushing news annoyed me and it was unbearable. Time was running speedily and it took half an hour to clear mind clouds. My brain hammered, why did it happen to my family despite merciful, spiritual and simple living? 

One by one, we all gathered at my place and hurriedly planned to just jump to my parent’s native place. Both siblings immediately rushed for the airport, keeping important items within 20 minutes. Our relatives staying near us supported us dedicatedly in emergency situations. My husband gave me an insurance card to facilitate and manage funds for emergency procedures. I tried to contact my mom but she was anxiously walking to here and there to complete hospital formalities. So, we constantly took updates from relatives who were there to support my mom. Another horrible one hour passed. 

On the way to the airport, we were getting updates continuously on how my father reached the hospital, medication in emergency and shifted to the operation theatre. While going to the airport, within two hours all medical procedures were done. At every moment, I was so upset and deeply sorrowed, why I was not there to take care of my father and mother. Such boiling thoughts were piercing my brain and I was helpless. Every second was restless and sometimes I became annoyed with others. 

Reaching the airport looked like I was steering a vehicle in a deserted area. After two and half hour’s travel, I finally arrived at the airport and went for a security check. There, I also skipped the long queue justifying the emergency situation. Still, one hour and ten minutes time burdened me. After reaching the boarding gate, we received the message that the primary medical procedure was done and my father was shifted to ICU. It was so puzzling to me why I could not shield my parents in a critical period. My parents were looking for my presence and I was somewhere. It was very difficult to stay in three hours journey by airplane. We both sisters were quiet and thought spikes were attacking our mind. My mom needed us and we were really worried about her. How she was managing at elderly age. Maybe she was taking medical advice from senior relatives, talking to doctors, getting food for my father as he has lots of food allergies. Our brain was jammed with such negative thoughts. 

To deal with extreme medical situations, we took care of our health and became hydrated. After an anxious journey, we landed in native place and rushed to the hospital where my father was admitted. It took around one hour to reach the hospital reception. Almost running to reception, when our cab stopped at the hospital gate, my mother suddenly approached and hugged us both in an anxious state. We just consoled mom that now you need not to worry, we are here and manage all the situations. Fortunately, it was visiting hours in the hospital. We both met my father, a supreme leader, our guide and influential figure of the family just showed his happy and relaxed face. We stayed over there half an hour and fearful thoughts were drumming in our back of mind. His expressions conveyed that now he is emotionally secure as his cute daughters are with him. 

My mother’s unseen anxiety troubled us though she was standing boldly on all fronts. We discussed dad’s condition. Due to severe illness, he became very weak. Additionally, medicines injected during operation caused severe allergy. That was again a health threatening situation. Till one hour, we were all stunned and preparing a future plan to create a calming situation. 

I was worried about my mom. In the night hours, we both left for home to refresh. Still, my mind was agitated. How I can extend moral support to mom so that she becomes mentally stable. An hour passed and we had dinner and returned to the hospital's waiting hall. Our families (husbands and kids) landed after two hours and met my father. Passing time was very difficult. Negativity flashed just like dark clouds in the sky. I was totally exhausted. Everything was blank and the situation was hazy. I asked my mom to take rest at home as others were there to stay in the hospital.  She agreed. 

At night I was restless and kept observing my mom whether she was ok or not. I could not sleep two hours and continually looked at my mom.  She also felt uneasy the whole night because of dad’s medical condition. Actually, due to a medical procedure, he was also gripped with another health hazard of having infection in body. Our night was spoiled and a cluster of thoughts clutched us about what would happen. Another one hour was critical. There might be chances of spreading infection in other organs like liver, kidney or pancreas. But in the late morning, we get relaxing news. His infection parameters were reduced.  Doctor examined and said he is stable. It illuminated our minds. Those fourteen hours were just like roaming on devil’s land and no one was there to help us. After discharge, we all took great precautions to shift from hospital to home. Post operative care is equally important as performing surgical procedures. 

Final tone: 

Fourteen-hour torture turned my life into different path. I felt scared to live far from my parents. From my perspective, we are surviving because of parent’s blessings and I don’t let them depart. 

Important note: Above sensitive narrative is original writing and based on a true scenario. It is intended to share feelings of sorrow felt during tough times. Any resemblance is just a coincidence. Writer is not responsible for any disagreement. 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spot the glitches of technical network blackout

Truth behind last stage of life

Who can outperform the leading-edge technology of Chat GPT